Running a Jefferson Parish Parent for the last two and a half years has given me great insight on locally based content. From finding things to share with my readers to writing posts that they LOVE! Here are ten content ideas for July that you can either create or search for your local business.
- Firework Shows: This is the number one thing people want to know in July.
- Water Fun: It’s hot, do you know where the local splash park and pools are? Good, now tell your followers!
- Best Sunblocks and Natural Bug Repellents: Can’t send them to the firework shows and the water parks without this knowledge.
- Storytimes: Look up the schedule at your local library and let your followers know what’s going on. Bonus, since it’s summer, most libraries had tons of great activities for free.
- Baseball: Post your local teams schedule and promotional nights.
- Summer Reading Programs: Let your followers know which local businesses have summer reading incentives for kids.
- Outdoor Music / Movies: Lots of places have free or inexpensive outdoor concerts or movie showings, these are great to share with your followers.
- New Business in Town: Is there a new business or restaurant you want to try? Post about it, I’m sure you’re not the only one and it’s great for engagement.
- Vacation Bible Schools: These are a great alternative to summer camps that parents seem to LOVE.
- School Supply Lists: In some areas of the country, the end of July means back to school time for the kids. Post supply lists for your local schools to help parents get a jump start on shopping.
These are just some of the few ideas you can use to create great content not only for your blog if you have one but for your social media profiles.
Join us in our Facebook Group as we discuss how you can rock your social media.
Latest posts by cara (see all)
- Northshore Parent Holiday Tea - December 13, 2016
- When WordPress And Genesis Won’t Play Nice - December 12, 2016
- Three Reasons You Should Have An Instagram Business Profile - September 30, 2016